Trap Moulin Rouge
September 8 – November 18 | 8:30 & 9:00 p.m.
Trap Moulin Rouge by Jasmin Taylor, in co-production with Motion/Pictures Dance Project, takes audiences to Chicago’s South Side to showcase the vibrant Black culture and dance that emanate from it. Taking sonic and aesthetic inspiration from the 2001 film “Moulin Rouge,” Trap Moulin Rouge combines classical, R&B and jazz melodies with a variety of dance styles with the aim of creating and promoting equity in Chicago through the performing arts.
- Co-producer: Motion/Pictures Dance Project
- Assistant Composer: Atticus Lazenby
- Sound: Friends of Friends Recording (Brok Mende and DeAnna Doersch)
- Nail Design: India Wilson and Icy Nails
- Wardrobe Design: Alexandria Richardson, Alternative Tailor
Trap Moulin Rouge is presented in alignment with the City of Chicago’s 2022 Year of Chicago Dance.
This projection was also supported by the Illinois Arts Council Agency.